Rugby, Cricket, Swimming, Cycling, Tennis, Cinema, Theatre, Snooker, Track & Field, Sailing, Basketball, Athletics, Martial Arts, etc. £50 for you if we pick your chosen sport !
This exciting, behind-the-scenes drama surrounding an Italian restaurant is lovingly brought to life in ‘Dinner Rush’. Director Bob Giraldi creates a rapid-fire tale of gangsters, gourmet food, high flying chefs, bookies and obnoxious patrons - brought to life with snappy dialogue and an experienced ensemble cast. Brilliant (Ed). Available on Amazon for around £4 - a worthwhile spend!
When your WiFi signal becomes weak in certain parts of your home, the answer is often a simple 'extender' or 'booster' to strengthen the signal where it is weak. There are several of these around and the one we like and that works and is not expensive is the Coredy N300 Mini WiFi Range Extender. It is simple to set up and there is good available telephone help if you get stuck! At £16.99 from Amazon, this is a good buy. Best of all - it works!
King Joffrey may have had a less-than-pleasant ousting from his royal position, but in real life, actor Jack Gleeson left Game of Thrones on good terms. After playing the evil boy-king for three years, Gleeson left acting behind, opting to pursue an academic career at Trinity College in Dublin, where he studied philosophy and theology.
The iconic Corrie star made a return to the Cobbles in 2014 as a tour guide, showing fans around the newly-opened Corrie tour at the former Quay Street site in Manchester.
During his long stint on the soap during1983-2003, former binman-turned-Bettabuys supermarket deputy manager Curly was a fan favourite. Highlights included his bickering with boss Reg Holdsworth and marriage to barmaid Raquel, played by Happy Valley's Sarah Lancashire.
Kevin Kennedy can now be found on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship Anthem of the Seas starring in a production of We Will Rock You.
At the tender age of six, Danny Lloyd starred in one of the scariest films of all time, Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. In the DVD commentary it was revealed little Danny was unaware he was filming a horror movie and believed he was making a drama about a family who lives in a hotel. To be honest, if we'd worked alongside those freaky twins, witnessed the river of blood and saw 'Here's Johnny' Jack Nicholson smash down doors with an axe, we'd probably have wanted to quit acting too.
In 2007, Lloyd became a professor of biology at a community college in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. A recent picture shows he doesn't look too scarred by The Shining experience. Still, rather him than us.
Macaulay Culkin stole everyone's heart as Kevin McCallister in Home Alone. 32 year old Culkin worked as an actor for several years, though he never reached the level of fame he had as a child. He is now an artist and is based in New York City.
Unlike his Goonies co-stars Josh Brolin and Corey Feldman, Jeff Cohen didn't go on to become a big movie star after appearing in the cult film as a kid. Instead, Cohen trained to be a lawyer and became a founding partner of Cohen & Gardner LLP. He was also included in The Hollywood Reporter's "Next Generation: Hollywood's Top 35 Executives 35 and Under." Not bad for a kid once famous for doing the truffle shuffle."
Tiffany had a huge hit at the age of 15 with the single I Think We're Alone Now. The 41 year old has appeared in films, TV shows and ads and owns a shop in Tennessee.
Interesting video from the 'Tonight' program on ITV recently.
What do you think - does it ring a bell?
It does with us - ouch!
If you're saying this Autumn or Winter "I have nothing to do!" No more excuses - here is a list of 60 things to do the next time you are bored - Some of these will need permission from your Parents or 'Older People' first.
1. Write a story and put it up on a website – see if anyone likes it (remember it has to be Legal, Decent Honest & True – don’t upset others!)
2. Go swimming / play tennis, basketball, shooting or archery (local Scouts or YMCA often has these facilities
3. Attend a school or college football game, or another sport
4. Play touch football with friends
5. Have a Charity Shop challenge (everyone buys something from any charity shop and the best gets a prize!)
6. Eat chocolate then go for a jog!
7. Take out your camera, get some good / interesting shots / you might have a talent / show your friends
8. Read a scary book or one that makes you laugh
9. Go for a hike with friends – not on your own!
10. Play Group games: Twister, Charades, Pictionary, Football Monopoly, etc
11. Make home made Chilli or Pizza
12. Make a seasonal imaginative salad
13. Knit a scarf
14. Press leaves
15. Play Blind Man's Buff (google it for how to play - good fun for 3 or more!)
16. Donate food to a food bank (ask first!)
17. Have a Harry Potter party
18. Organise a Treasure Hunt
19. Have a home made cakes and cookies party, everyone has to contribute!
20. Go apple picking or other seasonal fruit - not someone's garden!
21. Make art of out leaves
22. Take a mate or two and go to a working farm for some help-out fun
23. Drink fancy coffees / teas
24. Bake pies
25. Have a photo-shoot in a leaf pile
26. Make toffee apples
27. Decorate or change your room round
28. Earn extra cash by walking dogs, discuss with your parents first, be safe!
29. Bake biscuits, then eat them with your friends - yummy!
30. Take a nature walk
31. Think of creative Halloween costume ideas
32. TRICK OR TREAT, because who hates sweets and chocolate?!
33. Decorate/carve pumpkins
34. Have a Picnic inside or out!
35. Have an apple dunking party
36. Write a funny story for any children in your family - they will love it!
37. Go to your local theatre - you may be surprised at what's on
38. Learn to knit
40. Visit your local football club, learn their history, buy a cheap momento
41. Have a bonfire party - even in summer!
42. Go to a car boot sale. Take your own stall with friends?
43. Pick fruit from a farmers market
44. Have a Halloween party
45. Go to a local fair (tabletop/church/school) Find something really cool!
46. Watch old scary movies
47. Dye your hair seasonal or sensational colours
48. Go to an outdoor concert
49. Buy a second-hand game. Save your money, why does it have to be new?
50. Have a sleepover
51. Have a seasonal BBQ with friends
52. Make something from old stuff. Cut up jeans, dye something, feels good!
53. Have a photo shoot competition with your friends, include your pets
54. Bead some bracelets
55. Airbrush paint art, tee-shirts and other nifty things!
56. Take your dog for a walk.
57. Go paint balling or laserquest (can be a bit expensive 'though)
58. Make a scarecrow in your garden - no you can't use your young brother!
59. Be arty - draw a self portrait, or invite a friend and draw each other!
60. Have a tug-o-war over a mud hole with friends! (Your parents will love that!).
A wife goes to consult a psychiatrist about her husband: “My husband is acting very strangely. He drinks his morning coffee and then eats the mug! He only leaves the handle!”
Psychiatrist: “Yes, that is weird. The handle is the best part.“