When your WiFi signal becomes weak in certain parts of your home, the answer is often a simple 'extender' or 'booster' to strengthen the signal where it is weak. There are several of these around and the one we like and that works and is not expensive is the Coredy N300 Mini WiFi Range Extender. It is simple to set up and there is good available telephone help if you get stuck! At £16.99 from Amazon, this is a good buy. Best of all - it works!
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT HOME WI-FI CAN BE AFFECTED BY VARIOUS ISSUES, NOT JUST DISTANCE FROM THE HUB. IF IN DOUBT CONTACT YOUR BROADBAND SUPPLIER.
We'll reply to you same day
Interesting video from the 'Tonight' program on ITV recently.
What do you think - does it ring a bell?
It does with us - ouch!
If you're thinking this Autumn or Winter "I have nothing to do!" No more excuses - here are 60 things you can do the next time you are bored - Some of these will need permission from your Parents or 'Older People' first.
1. Write a story and put it up on a website – see if anyone likes it (remember it has to be Legal, Decent Honest & True – don’t upset others!)
2. Go swimming, play tennis, go trampolining, basketball, shooting or archery (local Scouts or YMCA often has these activities.
3. Attend a school or college football game, or another sport
4. Play touch football with friends
5. Have a Charity Shop challenge (everyone buys something from any charity shop and the best gets a prize!)
6. Eat chocolate then go for a jog!
7. Take out your camera, get some good / interesting shots / you might have a talent / show your friends
8. Read a scary book or one that makes you laugh
9. Go for a hike with friends – not on your own!
10. Play Group games: Twister, Charades, Pictionary, Football Monopoly, etc
11. Make home made Chilli or Pizza, or pasta bake
12. Make a seasonal imaginative salad
13. Knit a scarf
14. Press leaves
15. Play Blind Man's Buff (google it for how to play - good fun for 3 or more!)
16. Donate food to a food bank (ask first!)
17. Have a Harry Potter party
18. Organise a Treasure Hunt
19. Have a home made cakes and cookies party, everyone has to contribute!
20. Go apple picking or other seasonal fruit - not someone's garden!
21. Make art of out leaves
22. Take a mate or two and go to a working farm for some help-out fun
23. Drink fancy coffees / teas
24. Bake pies
25. Have a photo-shoot in a leaf pile
26. Make toffee apples
27. Decorate or change your room round
28. Earn extra cash by walking dogs, discuss with your parents first, be safe!
29. Bake biscuits, then eat them with your friends - yummy!
30. Take a nature walk
31. Think of creative Halloween costume ideas
32. TRICK OR TREAT, because who hates sweets and chocolate?!
33. Decorate/carve pumpkins
34. Have a Picnic inside or out!
35. Have an apple dunking party
36. Write a funny story for any children in your family - they will love it!
37. Go to your local theatre - you may be surprised at what's on
38. Learn to knit
40. Visit your local football club, learn their history, buy a cheap momento
41. Have a bonfire party - even in summer!
42. Go to a car boot sale. Take your own stall with friends?
43. Pick fruit from a farmers market
44. Have a Halloween party
45. Go to a local fair (tabletop/church/school) Find something really cool!
46. Watch old scary movies
47. Dye your hair seasonal or sensational colours
48. Go to an outdoor concert
49. Buy a second-hand game. Save your money, why does it have to be new?
50. Have a sleepover
51. Have a seasonal BBQ with friends
52. Make something from old stuff. Cut up jeans, dye something, feels good!
53. Have a photo shoot competition with your friends, include your pets
54. Bead some bracelets
55. Airbrush paint art, tee-shirts and other nifty things!
56. Take your dog for a walk.
57. Go paint balling or laserquest (can be a bit expensive 'though)
58. Make a scarecrow in your garden - no you can't use your young brother!
59. Be arty - draw a self portrait, or invite a friend and draw each other!
60. Have a tug-o-war over a mud hole with friends (Your parents will love that)!
* Epic Games is a very difficult company to communicate with and that's how they want it.
Full details are:
Epic Games, Inc.
620 Crossroads Blvd.
Cary, NC USA.
Tel +1 919 854 0070
Fax +1 919 854 0055
Their online 'help' is: help.epicgames.com
As with many of these companies, they don't care about individual customers, they just want the money from the millions who play their games and don't hassle them! Various blogs about Epic Games / Fortnite support state their customer support is terrible and other descriptions we won't use here!*
* We contacted Ubisoft once. We got through quickly and the solution to a problem was solved immediately. This was very good.
* Apple's support, use of passwording, sensitivity, etc, is (we think) over complicated and protective. However their support does solve problems but be prepared to wait on the phone for lengthy periods.
* Usually very easy to contact and get a resolve. Phone delays possible at peak times, but not too bad.
* If you have a defective product from Amazon, or one that is not as described, call them and ask that they credit you NOW with the value of your purchase (so you can buy something else from Amazon) or that they credit your card back NOW. Ask them to send a free returns label by email. They will do this but if you haven't returned the item within 30 days, they will recharge your debit/credit card - which is only fair. NOTE: This (of course) won't work if you bought the item from a third party on Amazon's site - only if you bought it directly from Amazon.
* * * * PLEASE NOTE * * * * LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE OTHER USEFUL NUMBERS SO WE CAN SHARE THEM WITH THE COMMUNITY, THANKS
In this column you'll see stuff from my point of view about games, sports, school, DTs, computers, girls, lads, adults, pets, friends, my bedroom, YouTube, going out, staying in, homework, bullying, clothes, things to do, things I've done, places I've been, and experiences with social media.
You can email me with your thoughts, feedback and ideas for what you'd like to see in this column. An original idea can win you £20!